Hotel RIU Plaza
The glass cube above the entrance contains an impressive conference room covered in a reddish wooden envelope with polygonal shaped windows, which provide privacy for business meetings of all kind while letting natural daylight into the venue. The windows of the room-within-a-room construction required an E30 fire-resistance rating due to its connection to the adjacent lobby. Contraflam Lite fire-resistant glass was the perfect fit for these requirements since it fulfills the E30 classification and furthermore has excellent thermal insulation properties, covering the EW class, in the event of fire.
The production and installation of the glass panes were the most challenging part of the project since all panes had different dimensions and shapes and had to be fitted with cranes directly from the street into the pre-installed wood construction. The Riu Plaza now radiates a new elegant and clean charisma, and brings inspirational architecture to the capital city of Germany.
- Production of highly customized glass shapes, no glass pane had the same dimensions as the other
- Production of the glass panes
- Installation of glass panes with cranes from the street into the pre-installed wood construction
- System partner: Own System Z-19.14-1036
- Building owner: Codes Capital Partners S.L. / Grupo Pryconsa
- User: RIU Hotels & Resorts
- Installer: Zillinger Glasbau GmbH
- Architect: GFB Alvarez + Schepers
- Photographer: Olaf Rohl
Photography by Matthias Enter, EnterStudio